Download directly from our server :
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPATMENT FAX: 406. 675.2711
CSKT Website: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Maintenance Technician
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corp – Ronan, MT
SALARY: $14.06 to $16.33 per hour
$ 29,244.80 to $ 33,966.40 per annum
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and is subject to random testing during employment as is required to serve a mandatory six-month probationary period.
- Performs carpentry, electrical, plumbing, masonry, refrigeration, appliance repair, and other related maintenance duties.
- Performs preventative and crisis maintenance on installed equipment in 26 buildings, well water system, and sewage lagoon. This to include; servicing and repair of furnaces, boilers, circulating pumps, cooling and heating equipment, and well pumps.
- Performs checks and tests on fuel consumption, water quality, and various tests on sewage lagoon.
- Performs as electrician and plumber on construction projects.
- Incumbent will perform all duties under the guidelines of the Center and Department of Labor, and any other governing agency to ensure that health and safety standards are upheld.
- Work irregular hours when required, and be on-call 24 hours a day.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Responsible for accountability of assigned equipment for maintenance.
- Responsible for modeling, mentoring and monitoring appropriate employability skills and social skills for Career Success Standards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have five (5) years of experience in the field of plumbing, electricity, carpentry, appliance repair, and masonry, water and waste systems.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Montana Class D license.
- This is a Tested Designated Position.
- Will be required to pass a background investigation per PL 101-630.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Must have full knowledge of: plumbing, furnaces, boilers, circulating pumps, cooling and heating equipment, appliances, electrical wiring, well pumps and distribution systems.
- Must be able to do problem solving and trouble shooting on all equipment.
- Must be able to communicate in verbal and written form.
- Incumbent must be able to read and fill out reports, order supplies, and explain unusual work problems to supervisor students.
1. Completed Tribal employment application (resumes are not accepted).
2. Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Department, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700 ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Daniel Tromp, Business Manager @ 675.2700, ext. 6307.