Download directly from our server :
Size: 151.08 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
********V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T********
TITLE: Mental Health Therapist
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department
SALARY: Exempt Position – Salary Negotiable
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- Major regular duties of this therapist position are those of counseling, individual, group, family psychotherapy, and crisis intervention.
- Provides in-depth assessment and diagnosis of the full range of emotional and psychiatric disorders utilizing criteria contained in DSM IV and according to established program standards and procedures.
- Provides individual, group and family psychotherapy on an on-going and intensive basis, utilizing a variety of treatment modalities to meet the needs of the population.
- Provides crisis intervention services to clients and agencies with a wide variety of acute mental health problems, including suicide attempts, family conflicts, chemical abuse, death, and trauma resulting from violence.
- Provides mental health services at locations and times appropriate to the specialized needs of the catchment area population.
- Provides case management and case identification services according to the current Mental Health Program standards.
- Provides community education and prevention services which evolve mobilizing community and cultural resources to both treat and prevent mental health problems.
- Maintains all appropriate client records according to established program standards and fulfills Behavioral Health GUI reporting requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Social Work, Guidance and Counseling, or related field.
- Must be currently licensed by the state of Montana as a licensed professional counselor (LCPC) OR licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) or eligible to become licensed within an agreed amount of time..
- Two (2) years of clinical experience in working in a clinical setting with patients who are experiencing mental health problems. It is essential that the incumbent have experience working as a therapist in a clinical setting, providing treatment and has experience and knowledge of psychological theories, principles, and practices in the clinical treatment field in the area of counseling, individual and group psychotherapy, evaluation, testing, and assessment, psychological consultation, crisis intervention and community mental health prevention and development.
- Must be able to pass a background check in accordance with Public Law-101-630.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Request a copy of the full position description for full details.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Completed background supplemental questionnaire.
- Certified copy of relevant academic transcripts.
- Copy of LPC or LCSW licensure.
- Proof of enrollment in a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference a copy of DD214 must be submitted with the Tribal application.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact – Shonda Bolen at THHS @ 406-675-2700 Ext. 5032