Download directly from our server :
Size: 126.57 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Prep Cook – 2 positions
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corps – Ronan, MT
SALARY: $10.61 to $12.30 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a six-month probationary period.
The Prep Cook will perform as a member of the Food Service Team. The primary function of the Food Service Team is preparation and delivery of all food sustenance to general population of center. The Prep Cook will be responsible for all meal preparation following PRH guidelines that promote a positive growth oriented environment. The Prep Cook will also be responsible for taking an active role in supporting center wide programs.
- Receives daily work assignments from Food Service Manager involving: cooking assignments, special projects, student and practical instruction demonstration, and generally oversee daily meal preparations.
- Ensure sanitation and safety of kitchen facility by: community service assignments, instructing students on health, sanitation rules and regulations, reporting any deficiencies of kitchen or equipment to manager.
- Ensure safeguarding of all secured materials and inventory, reporting inventory used during shift to manager.
- Ensures student accountability: roll taking, student conduct, student participation, reporting of special incidents.
- Work irregular shifts when assigned.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Responsible for modeling, mentoring, and monitoring appropriate employability skills and social skills for Career Success Standards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Must have a current valid Class D driver’s license and insurance.
- Must have one (1) year experience in institutional cooking/or two (2) years cooking experience with a related combination of cooking in or as a Hotel and Restaurant line cook, sous chef, banquet chef, private or public club kitchen cook or chef, Head Start Cook, Fire Camp crew cook, full scale catering cook, cruise or fishing boat cook or chef/or be a graduate of a one (1) year vocational/technical program.
- Must hold or be able to obtain a food handler’s card.
- Must be experienced in preparation of breakfast, lunch, and supper meals, in addition, incumbent must be knowledgeable in preparing special meals, baking, salads, soups, sauces, and desserts.
- Fast food experience will not be an allowable cooking experience.
- Must be able to pass physical stating the applicant is free of any communicable diseases.
- Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
- Proof of a valid driver’s license and insurance.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1043 or 1259.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Arlene Bigby, KHJC Director @ 406.675.2700, ext. 6301.