Download directly from our server :
Size: 169.8 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
* * * V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T * * *
TITLE: Range Conservation Technician
LOCATION: Tribal Lands Department
SALARY: $14.06 to $16.33 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- Perform vegetation inventory on Range and leases. Collecting data for the stocking rates (AUM}, spring development, stock tank and mineral licks locations
- Provides input into the semiannual agriculture lease/permit advertisements and contract preparations as a member of a team; Ensures that annual range/lease and range/lease compliance inspections are performed on all range/leases assigned;
- Prepares maps and insures land descriptions mapping requirements, etc. are complete for range/lease compliance and range/lease review; Utilizes computer data base and computer software applications to accomplish outlined duties; Enters all data into the CSKT Land Management System (LMS);
- Conduct compliance checks of Range/farm/pasture leases for grazing utilization, season of use, lease improvement installation and maintenance as specified in the lease contract;
- Conducts compliance actions on leased and permitted lands for violations such as trash and debris, unauthorized occupancy or use, proper removal and reclamation of materials from a site;
- Performs field investigations of trespass livestock, collects information required for corrective actions, and follows through with legal actions as required in accordance with applicable laws;
- Develops and maintains manual lists and documentation procedures on all range/lease correspondence regarding enforcement and cancellation actions; follow-up procedures, correspondence on corrective actions, recovery of bonds, and history of lessee's land use practices;
- Provides a weekly report of outcomes to supervisor. Weekly report includes incumbent activities and activities and accomplishments assigned to the RCT- AE.
- Works collaboratively in support of Department Head and Program Managers directives within assigned functional area; Works as part of departmental team using expertise to accomplish Council and Department Head priorities and goals;
- Is efficient, organized and accurate in the tasks assigned; Other special projects may be assigned by supervisor and/or department head;
MINIMUM RECRUITING QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
- The incumbent is required to have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred but not limited to one year of experience in a land related field with training or education in realty or some other land-related field. This experience should have land legal descriptions, computer operation, land records research, map/aerial photo interpretation, and may also include; surveying, land inventory, forestry, range conservation, real estate sales, farming, ranching, or related fields.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a valid Montana Motor Vehicle Operator's license; be able to obtain ATV/UTV endorsement and pesticide applicators license.
- The incumbent must maintain physical capacity to walk range units and leases efficiently with no danger of physical harm; a work capacity test may be required to assist in fire suppression.
DESIRABLE QUAILIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Request a copy of position description for full details.
- 1. Completed Tribal employment application.
- Copies of relevant academic transcript/training certificate.
- Copy of a current valid driver’s license.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO:
Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Carolee Wenderoth, Tribal Lands Department Head, at 406-675-2700 Ext. 1199