Download directly from our server :
Size: 264.16 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Roads Maintenance Coordinator
LOCATION: Natural Resources Department
Safety of Dams & Roads Program
SALARY: $22.58 to $26.30 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, April 5, 2018 @ 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a mandatory six-month probationary period.
The Roads Maintenance Coordinator position is a full time position responsible for annual and routine roads maintenance activities, as well as, long-range planning for roads maintenance activities. The Road’s Maintenance Coordinator position's major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts and coordinates initial and periodic inspections and updates computer inventory of Bureau of Indian Affairs and Tribal system roads, walkways, bridges, signage, and related drainage structures;
- Prepares reports and maps of the status of Reservation transportation systems, including their conditions and uses, and prepares recommendations for ameliorating problems and maintains an up-to-date file on the respective facility;
- Develops annual and long range plans for roads maintenance including budgets, maps, schedules, and organizational plans;
- Responsible for management and planning of individual road maintenance projects from start to finish;
- Maintains road maintenance files and project documentation including daily inspection reports;
- Tracks and manages the BIA Road Maintenance Budget and makes recommendations to the Roads Program Manager for use of TTP funds to supplement maintenance activities;
- Conducts technical coordination with the Tribes, BIA, other federal agencies, state agencies and local governments regarding development of construction or maintenance plans, and/or determination of equipment and personnel availability for special projects;
- Calculates, estimates, and determines quantities of materials for road maintenance projects; Prepares and coordinates equipment and contract purchases, requests for quotations and contracts in support of roads maintenance activities;
- Participates in meetings with other agencies and jurisdictions (state, county, federal, city) regarding road maintenance activities;
- Conducts and coordinates maintenance activities such as crack sealing, culvert cleaning and replacement, sign replacement, sweeping, painting, snow removal, right of way mowing/clearing, and general repair;
- Obtains required project permits and monitors all maintenance projects for contract compliance including but not limited to NEPA, ALCO and Cultural Clearances from Tribal Preservation Office;
- Ensures Best Management Practices (BMP's) are appropriately applied to road maintenance activities;
- Assists in updating and amending the Flathead Indian Reservation Transportation Improvement
Plan, especially in maintenance planning for reconstruction projects;
- Assists in the establishment of road management guidelines, standards, and policies;
- Prepares contracts, scope of work, and enforces contract requirements;
- Assist in Safety of Dams maintenance projects as directed;
- Assist in inspection of construction project and filing reports as directed;
- Maintains a daily diary which documents all maintenance related work conducted on the roads system;
- Approves invoices and ensures payment is made in a timely manner;
- Daily interaction with program managers, employees, and public
- Ensures all road maintenance projects are in compliance with Reclamation Health and Safety Standards and other CSKT standard safety policies;
- Ensures that all road maintenance projects are in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act;
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- At a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent along with 5 or more years of direct personnel supervision, management, and/or instructional experience in heavy equipment operation/maintenance, heavy civil construction, road maintenance, or related field work.
- An Associate’s Degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Technology, Construction Management, Project Management, or related degree with an emphasis with emphasis on road and highway construction/maintenance, estimating, hydraulics, hydrology, and/or general dam construction/maintenance along with 2 years of management related work experience with heavy civil construction, road maintenance, or related field work is preferred.
- Experience with word processing and spreadsheet software such as WORD and EXCEL. Experience with Google Earth and manipulation kmz and kml files. Experience sending and receiving emails. Experience organizing files and manipulating pdfs. Experience running level loops and determining elevations with a transit level.
Experience calculating material quantities based on area or volume. Experience calculating grades and elevations based on given information.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a valid Montana Motor Vehicle Operator’s license and be insurable under the Tribe’s Insurance Policy.
- Must wear Tribal provided safety apparel when conducting field activities.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
- Proof of a valid driver’s license.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Germaine White, NRD Division of FWRC @ 406.675.2700, ext.7299.