Download directly from our server :
Size: 23.1 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Safety & Security Officer (1 or more positions)
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corps – Ronan, MT
SALARY: $12.78 to $14.84 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy and is subject to random alcohol and drug testing. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a six-month probationary period.
- Embellishes the 4 core values of Job Corps.
- Reviews and monitors student accountability and progress
- Practice and monitors and students for modeling, mentoring, and monitoring appropriate employability skills and social skills for Career Success Standards
- Utilizes the Star approach when dealing with negative behavior
- Reinforces positive student behavior with positive feed back
- Provides documentation for SIRS, Tort Claims, and any relevant information required by the CSO
- Assist Safety and Security Manager in planning and evaluation of the Security Program.
- Performs other safety and security duties as assigned by Safety and Security Manager
- Provide security desk coverage; ensure that proper student check-out and check-in procedures are followed
- Maintain incident reports, accident documentation, logs and other records as prescribed by Center guidelines
- Develops and maintains good working relations with management and employees
- Develops good student relationships for discipline and student services.
- Assists Safety and Security Manager and law officers in controlling disturbances; investigates and prepares reports as such.
- Ensures that student’s civil rights are not violated during investigative sessions
- May conduct searches and seizures in dormitories under establishes guidelines; confiscate contraband, weapons, etc. and deliver such to Safety and Security Manager for proper disposal
- Inform staff and students of unsafe practices
- Enforces rules and instructs students of rules
- Responsible for security of center facilities and equipment.
- Ensures security of buildings vehicle and property by checking doors, windows, lighting, appliances, equipment, locks and emergency equipment
- Identifies buildings needing maintenance cleaning and sanitary compliance according to operational plan
- Orders and keeps inventory of cleaning supplies for assigned area
- Identifies and turns in maintenance work orders and follows through with making sure maintenance is completed
- Able to practice program content and procedures.
- Practice instruction on how to keep center staff, students safe
- Tests fire and intrusion alarm; reports malfunctions
- Coordinate center transportation with Group Life Director, Administration, Health and Wellness, Education, Shift Supervisor, and Senior Residential Counselor/Recreation Coordinator
- Assists in transporting ill and injured individuals or other requiring medical attention
- Document for vehicle safety, utilization and required maintenance
- Perform routine maintenance check on vehicles (e.g. check oil, coolant, tires)
- Provide transportation services required
- Deliver vehicles for maintenance and repair work as required by Center Director
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess a High school diploma or GED
- One year of experience as an emergency first responder, law enforcement, or safety and security officer required.
- Must have a class D driver’s license able to obtain a Montana Class B License with passenger and air brake endorsement within 90 days of hire.
- Must pass standard medical physical examination, must be able obtain within 90 days First Aid/CPR card.
- Employee is required to pass a background investigation per PL 101-630.
- This is a Tested Designated Position (TDP) in compliance with the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
Request a copy of the position description for full details.
1. Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
2. Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Proof of a valid driver’s license.
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact: Joe Pablo, Safety & Security Manager @ 675.2700, ext. 6375 or John Wheeler, Center Director of KHJC @ 406.675.2700, ext. 6301.