Download directly from our server :
Size: 181.85 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406-675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: School Counselor
LOCATION: TERS – Pablo, MT
An alternative school serving Native American youth
Grades 8th thru 12th
SALARY: DOE-according to pay scale (starts @ $29,761)
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- Provide personal, academic, drug & alcohol and career/college guidance counseling.
- Counsel in individual and/or group sessions.
- Coordinate student testing.
- Interpret/maintain transcript information.
- Maintain career information system.
- Act as liaison between school and other schools/agencies.
- Must possess Montana State certification in school counseling.
- Must pass drug test, background check, fingerprinting (no violence against children or other individuals, no sexual abuse against children).
- Must be willing to promote a program of drug and alcohol free education.
- Must be willing to be a team member of active staff and demonstrate cooperative behavior.
- Demonstrate excellent counseling theory and techniques.
- Experience working with Native American youth and/or knowledge of Naïve American culture
- Knowledge of alternative school philosophy.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Supplemental questionnaire for background investigations.
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts.
- Copy of certification if applicable.
- Copy of State certificate.
- Three letters of reference.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855 @ 406-675-2700 Ext. 1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact: Rodney Bird, Superintendent @ 406-675-0292.