Download directly from our server :
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Step Project Community Development Specialist
LOCATION: Tribal Education Department
SALARY: $18.70 to $21.74 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, April 13th, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy.
The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
The Step Program Community Development Specialist (CDS) –is a grant funded position for the next four years.
· The CDS will work directly within each partner school on a regular basis
· The CDS will analyze data provided by the partner school
· The CDS will coordinate training regarding data management for the rest of the TED staff as appropriate
· The CDS will be responsible for development of strategies designed to assist students as determined by data analysis
· The CDS will assist the TED staff in development of professional development under this project for school partners
· The CDS will exercise considerable freedom of control over coordination of activities
· The CDS will be responsible to determine sequence in planning and organizing activities with schools and parents.
· The CDS meets with the TED staff on a regular basis to discuss program objectives, goals, community plans, and progress. TED staff meetings provide an opportunity to coordinate and collaborate in all TED activities.
· The CDS participates in professional development to stay current in the Indian education field.
· Some activities are jointly performed in the office, such as record keeping and TED functions. The CDS is a key player in the TED to accomplish department goals.
· Each CDS is primary liaison for its school communities as designated at the beginning of each school year.
· The CDS maintains professional relationships with school personnel, parent committees, tribal programs, state education agency personnel, and the reservation community.
· The CDS will do school visits with school personnel, and will be present at the schools for functions related to the STEP program.
· The work activities are performed at the TED office in Pablo, the schools, and community settings.
· The job requires flexibility in personal schedule to accommodate occasional weekend and weekday evening activities.
· Occasional travel around the reservation and out of state may be necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: William Swaney, Tribal Education Department Head – (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1342