Download directly from our server :
Size: 646.08 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Vibrant Tribal Economies/EDO Assistant
LOCATION: Economic Development – Pablo, MT
SALARY: $21.00 - $24.35 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
This position is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
The primary purpose and responsibilities of this position is to plan, implement, and monitor all of the objectives of an efficient, timely, and accurate Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes’ Vibrant Tribal Economies Project. This effort will require two-thirds time of a highly motivated and skilled individual who will implement the project and ensure the goals and objectives are met on time and within budget. The secondary responsibility of this position is to assist the Economic Development Office Planning Director with the other programs managed by the office, which will include some clerical duties in addition to business planning.
- Takes notes at meetings and ensures that all members of Project Committees are active with their responsibilities as part of the Committee.
- Motivates members of the Workforce Enhancement Coalition to remain active and engaged in the Coalition.
- Ensures that the training topics and employment enhancement supports/resources offered to participants are on target with the goal to improve the employability of Tribal members in sustainable, living wage employment.
- Ensures that any and all reporting requirements are met on time and in an accurate manner.
- Ensures that the timeline and objectives contained in the Vibrant Tribal Economies project are achieved.
- Responsible for managing, organizing, communicating, reporting, coordinating, planning, and evaluating work assignments within the project, including work with several different communities on the Flathead Reservation to improve, develop, enhance, and strengthen Tribal sustainable economic development.
- Supports the operation of several economic development projects including:
- Meeting Management including assistance with scheduling, refreshments, minutes, action items follow-up
- Database Management
- Contract Management
- Brochure Development, as needed
- Managing leave slips and encoding them into the Tribal Payroll system
- Ordering stock and non-stock supplies for the department (with the exception of the ANA project)
- Processing Purchase Orders and Maintenance Work Orders (with the exception of the ANA project)
- Completing Travel Arrangements
- Copying, Mail and Fax preparation
- Filing as needed
- The above description of responsibilities is not all-inclusive and the incumbent may be assigned other related responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economic Development or Business; Master’s preferred.
- At least eight (8) years of work experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual problem-solving, including familiarity and comfort with statistics, analytical reports and business plans.
- Proven project management skills with a demonstrated record of structuring efforts, mastering high level objectives while concurrently remaining abreast of details, achieving impact and results, and managing professional team members who are not direct reports.
- The ability to manage and prioritize conflicting priorities simultaneously, ideally with the demonstrated ability to make prudent decisions in high-pressure situations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team player, including a demonstrated ability to establish collaborative relationships, utilize reasoned judgement in complex, sensitive political situations, and willingness to contribute in varied capacities to meet the team’s goals.
- The ability to be an embracer of change efforts, with a recognized commitment to advancing excellence and implementing improvement.
- Customer Focus and Relationship Building.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to utilize general office equipment.
- **For a complete position description request one from the Personnel Department**
- DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Completed Tribal employment application (resumes are not accepted).
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Proof of a valid Montana driver's license.
- Tribal enrollment verification if enrolled in a federally recognized other than CSKT.
- If claiming Veteran’s preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Cynthia Matt, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1259.FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact: Janet Camel, Planning Director, Economic Development @ 406.675.2700, ext. 1256.