Download directly from our server :
Size: 269.77 KB
Date added: 07/27/2020 01:36 PM
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
* * * V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T * * *
TITLE: Cash Flow and Investment Manager
LOCATION: Office of Financial Management
SALARY: $23.75 to $27.58 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, August 13th, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
This position is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the Tribal Drug Testing Policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed with the Tribes, must pass pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six month probationary period.
This position is a management level position with the fiduciary responsibilities assumed in managing the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes cash flow and investments needs and objectives while strictly adhering to the Tribal Investment Policies and Procedures.
- Understanding CSKTs cash flow and Investment objectives.
- Performing due diligence on current and future investment options and opportunities.
- Keep current and educated on local, national, and international economic conditions, economic policies, and news that may have an effect on current and future investments and strategies.
- Keep current with Securities and Exchange Commission regulations.
- Maintain safety and security of cash and investment account portfolios according to CSKT Investment Policies and Procedures with a particular focus on maintaining appropriate risk, concentration, and coverage levels.
- Develop and maintain investment strategies for Fund Portfolios to achieve the highest returns on idle funds while maintaining the safety and security required by CSKT and Funding Agency Investment Policy.
- Match investment strategies to maintain the cash-flow requirements of Tribal Council directives, CSKT Programs and CSKT internal and external loans.
- Develop and maintain effective communication between the investments office and the banks, brokers, agents, and representatives of CSKT holdings and provide accurate, up to date, and timely cash flow and investment directions.
- Continually explore, investigate, and analyze new and developing investment opportunities and submit recommendations to the Central Accounting Manager.
- Develop and maintain monthly investment portfolio reports and logs for each investment fund detailing the investment activity, balances, type, earnings, and performance for each.
- Submit regular monthly investment portfolio reports to the Central Accounting
Manager, Director of Financial Management for Tribal Council.
- Monthly update the Central Accounting Manager of investment holdings, performance, and coverage.
- Inform the Central Accounting Manager of any and all potential problems or risks the
Investment Office encounters, or perceives in its function, its holdings or investments.
- Develop and maintain regular communication with Program Managers and Department Heads for the development of effective investment strategies of budgeted funds.
- Request GL Manager or Accounting Manager to initiate cash transfer procedures between banks, investment accounts, and investment brokers/agents.
- Transferring funds as detailed within the budget authorization to the general fund account.
The above is not all-inclusive and other related duties may be assigned.
* Request copy of position description for full details.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
Bachelor's Degree in an accounting related field. Preference will be given to experience with the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes.
Preferred knowledge, experience or ability to learn:
- Investment options, products, and vehicles.
- Portfolio design and maintenance.
- Investment practices and terminology, governmental accounting principles and procedures.
- Financial calculators, spreadsheets, and tribal accounting software programs.
- Calculating complex ratios, algorithms, and financial equations.
- Researching and analyzing equities, corporate bonds, CDs, Treasuries, corporate 10Qs and 10Ks and Credit Reports such as S&P and Moody's.
- High degree of skill in written and oral communications.
- Operating a variety of office equipment and advanced computer skills.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to communicate effectively in a variety of mediums including both oral and written reports of varying complexity and detailed issues; interpret regulations and policies; coordinate a variety of administrative processes. Possess analytical and problem solving abilities. Must work independently and as a team member to accomplish Tribal and Department goals.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Completed Tribal application.
- Copy of academic transcript.
- Copy of current valid driver’s license.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Cynthia Matt, Personnel Department, PO Box 278, Pablo, MT 59855, (406) 675-2700, Ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Zachary Camel, Central Accounting Manager 675-2700, Ext. #1012