Download directly from our server :
Size: 176.62 KB
Date added: 07/16/2020 04:17 PM
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Home Care Provider-Contract Position
LOCATION: Department of Human Resource Development
SALARY: $11.43 to $13.17 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, August 20th, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
HOME CARE PROVIDER Services are support services. The HOME CARE PROVIDER assists the elderly/ill patient with the activities of daily living. The majority of care is still provided by the family. Home care providing is developed to preserve independence, prevent or postpone institutionalization, save money, improve the quality of life and relieve primary Home Care Providers stress.
- The HOME CARE PROVIDER prepares or assists with tasks such as preparing special diets, assist with bathing/showering bed-bath, dressing, grooming, oral care, light housekeeping duties, ambulation, performs occupied/unoccupied bed-making, assists with self-administered medications/injections and monitors health status.
- The HOME CARE PROVIDER can arrange medicine so it is convenient, bring a glass of water, remind client when it is time and stand by to watch that it has been administered at the right dose. The HOME CARE PROVIDER can hand med-box or filled syringes to patient for self-administration. Note questions, concerns or changes noted relating to medications immediately to the family and supervisor.
- The HOME CARE PROVIDER can assist with mobility/transfers/lifting, moving from one place to another, such as alighting from or entering into a vehicle, or from a chair to table, etc. The HOME CARE PROVIDER can assist with toileting.
- The HOME CARE PROVIDER can perform light housekeeping, such as personal laundry, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, meal preparation, dish washing, changing linen, sanitizing the bathroom and tidying the rooms utilized by the client.
- The HOME CARE PROVIDER can provide transportation and escort services when no other means of travel is available. On occasion, the worker will drive and/or escort their patient for shopping, pharmacy or doctor appointments. At times, the HOME CARE PROVIDER may find it necessary to shop for client keeping in mind cost and client preference. Employees must have current driver's license and auto insurance to be able to perform these responsibilities.
- The HOME CARE PROVIDER can be a vital source of moral support with individuals beginning to lose independence, social contacts and interaction with the community.
- The HOME CARE PROVIDER must have the capacity to provide home care in a tolerant and matter-of-fact way.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must have valid Montana Driver's License. Must have reliable transportation and current liability insurance.
- Must pass drug testing and background checks (criminal, medical, employment, elder abuse, etc.) to be hired.
- Must be willing to train for Montana Home Health or Montana Certified Nurse Aide State Certification, when available.
- Must be CPR and First Aid Certified, or agree to complete certification as soon as it can be scheduled. This is offered at least once a year.
- Hospice training or bereavement services is helpful.
- Must have the ability to understand and carry out instructions and keep clear and precise records. Individuals must attend required training courses that are deemed necessary as scheduled by supervisor. Must be willing to complete course work which will maintain the equivalent State PCA Certification requirements, if applicable.
- Must be up to date on all immunizations: TdaP/DtaP, MMR, Polio, Varicella, Hepatitis A/ B and yearly Influenza immunizations. Must have a negative TB Titer on a yearly basis.
- Must have a means of communication, such as: cell phone or land line and be available to work at any given time.
- Interested applicants can get a copy of the full position description at the Tribal Personnel Office (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1043 for more information.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Completed supplemental questionnaire for background investigations.
- Copy of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Copy of current valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: The Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Constance Morigeau, Elderly Services Division Manager @ 675-2700 Ext. #1381