Download directly from our server :
Size: 334.79 KB
Date added: 07/23/2020 02:31 PM
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
(May be employed under a contract.)
LOCATION: Char Koosta News – Pablo, MT
SALARY: $13.67 to $15.78 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, August 27, 2020 @ 5:30 p.m.
This is a not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and you will serve a six-month probationary period.
- Standard journalistic work, ranging from the initial gathering of information through interviews, attending meetings/events and researching libraries and files; writing news and feature stories; proofreading; and photographing subjects and events achieving effective exposures for printing.
- Must have training, or thorough knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Word or other word processing software, Adobe Indesign and Macintosh operating systems/networks, in order to accomplish tasks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Requires demonstrated ability in writing, grammar, editing, factual accuracy, and a thorough knowledge of journalism skills including but not limited to AP style writing, interview skills, and ability to objectively required and essential journalism ethics.
- At least three years of college with either demonstratable college training in journalism or the equivalent from hands-on work experience.
- Minimum Qualifications Continued:
- Applicants must show skills through a portfolio or writing/editing/photography clippings or photocopies.
- Required to provide a valid driver’s license.
- Must have broad range of knowledge about the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes’ government, culture, history, issues and current events.
- Must have experience in using a digital camera or a 35 mm single-lens reflex (SLR) camera to achieve professional compositions and exposures.
- Completed Tribal employment application (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Copy of a valid driver’s license
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Cynthia Matt, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo, MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700 ext. 1259.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Sam Sandoval, Editor @ 406.675.2700, ext. 1326.