Tribal Credit was established in 1936 with the objective of making loans to raise the social and economic status of the members of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes. The Tribal Credit Program still provides lending services to enrolled CSKT members with that premise in mind. Loan types include a short term loan, which provides up to $7,500 for up to a five-year term. Home Ownership loan program including a first time homebuyers program that provides loans up to $325,000 up to 25-year term and must be secured by land and home. Educational loans at seven percent for up to a 12-year term. Farm/Ranch, Business and CSKT Enterprise loans. All long term loan requests are reviewed by a three-person committee who are selected by the Tribal Council.
Tribal Credit’s mission is to improve the social and economic condition of CSKT membership by providing sound, equitable and accessible loans through a sustainable revolving loan program.
Viability of Loan program: Provide reasonable loan terms for CSKT Members economic benefit & building capital reserves for the Revolving Loan Program. Economic Development: Promote and strengthen the reservation economy through lending to CSKT Borrower Members that increase earning power of individuals or businesses. Resource Utilization: Improvement Loans that promote more profitable utilization of Reservation resources result in financial gain to the membership.Improve housing needs: Loans that help improve housing result in increased pride to ownership by the individuals and help raise the standards of the affected communities and the Reservation.Improve access to Education: Loans that further the education of the Tribal Members raise the earning power of the individuals and aid in expansion of the economics of local communities, the Reservation and the surrounding area.Improve collaboration: Work with all applicable CSKT departments and programs to create synergy between tribal entities and departments.Access to personal financial education: Provide a platform to help CSKT members build capacity in budgeting, spending, and home buyers education.
- The applicant must be an enrolled member of the Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribes and 18 years of age or older.
- The maximum loan amount is $7,500.00. This amount includes any existing balance on your current short-term loan.
- The interest rate is 12% for a term not to exceed 5 years.
- The applicant must be current on all loans and in compliance with all loans to be eligible for a loan.
- Please make sure you have completed the application. List all of your monthly expenses. Make sure you have submitted proof of your income. If you do not provide us with this information, your application may be delayed. If this is your first loan with us, please provide us with your Tribal ID.