CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406.675.2711
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Records Management Department
SALARY: $18.03 to $20.72 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, February 9th, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
This position is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
The Administrative Assistant is an Administrative position responsible for providing administrative assistance to the Records Management Department and assists in establishing a computerized system to monitor account receivable, accounts payable, bookkeeping, data requests, and other functions within the department as assigned. Work performance requires specialized training, experience, knowledge, and skill for the execution of assignments and tasks.
- Assist the Department Head in reconciling all accounts monthly and assist in preparing monthly certifications to verify that all accounts have been reconciled for submission to the Compliance Office. Assists in establishing and maintaining a central computerized system to keep track of the Departments financial information.
- Maintains timetables of deadlines for the department, including reporting requirements; notify program personnel of deadlines upcoming and of documents or actions required of them. Processes and tracks information/data requests from various departments, and distributes to proper staff.
- Checks invoices for accuracy making all necessary adjustments before making copies for backup documentation.
- Creates daily log sheets to monitor requests for data that are received by the Department and that have been assigned, logging progress through completion.
- Monitors stocking levels of office supplies. Consistently records the inventory and the users of the supplies, and orders additional supplies to ensure that inventory is not exhausted.
- Distributes supplies to users in the department.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for Department expenditures and submits to the Accounting office for processing. Posts transactions to the correct account number and processes Journal Entries when necessary.
- Receipts monies in and prepares schedule of collections as needed.
- Prepare staff timesheets and keep records of leave accrual and leave balances.
- Keep department's daily and monthly scheduling by maintaining the general calendar to arrange meetings, conference, teleconference, travel, staff personnel, etc.
- Receive/distribute incoming mail and process outgoing mail for the Department. Answer telephone and greet callers in a prompt and courteous manner. Direct calls and individuals to the proper staff within and outside of the Tribal organization.
- Draft all Personnel Action Forms, correspondences, reports and other documents as directed by the Department Head.
- Build and maintain a general filing system for research contracts and other needs of the department. Keeps filing up to date as required and in a logical order so they are readily retrievable.
- Compiles statistics, prepares and maintains rosters and schedules for departmental programs.
- Sorts, files and retrieves documents.
- Completes printing jobs using a photocopy and other duplicating machines at a reasonable pace and within a reasonable time. Collates and binds printed material correctly.
- Operate various office equipment including typewriter, computer, copy machine, etc.
- Assist co-workers, other Tribal employees, the public, and persons in the business within Records Management scope of work or as directed by the Department Head. Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM RECRUITING QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 5 years clerical/administrative oriented experience which must include verified experience with bookkeeping/accounting.
- Five years of increasingly responsible work experience in data tracking, scheduling, contract/account management, and procurement responsibilities.
- Must have valid Montana Driver's License or be able to obtain one within six (6) months of hire AND be able to lift and carry 35 pounds.
- Interested applicants may obtain further information by requesting a copy of the full position description from the Tribal Personnel Office (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1259.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Copy of relevant academic transcript.
- Copy of current valid driver’s license.
- Proof of enrollment in a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’ preference, submit a copy of the DD214.
- FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS.
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone 406-675-2700, Ext. 1040.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Lisa Shourds, Director of Administration @ 406.675.2700, Ext. 1168.