CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406.226.2562
CSKT Website: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Detention Officer
LOCATION: Law & Order – Pablo, MT
SALARY: $20.02 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, December 7, 2023 @ 5:30 p.m.
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a six-month probationary period.
- Complete booking requirements on all prisoners, including securing prisoner’s money and personal belongings.
- Search every prisoner and his belongings for contraband.
- Complete medical questionnaire on each prisoner and make visual exam for any injuries.
- Schedule and make doctor and dental appointments for prisoners and arrange transportation to and from appointments.
- Dispense prisoner medication as prescribed and maintain a record of what medication was dispensed, who dispensed it, at what time, and who it was given to.
- Prepare meals in the absence of the cook.
- Check prisoners at least every thirty minutes to insure their health and safety.
- Check cellblocks and kitchen for cleanliness, sanitation, and deficiencies.
- Conduct cell searches and (shake downs) as dictated by procedure manual.
- Conduct a weekly inventory of prisoner supplies and order necessary items.
- Supervise visitations with prisoners and check all incoming packages for contraband and maintain a written log of such visits.
- Fingerprint and photograph adult prisoners.
- Classify prisoners as to risk: maximum, medium, minimal security needed.
- Assign duties to minimum risk prisoners and make sure duties are completed correctly.
- Inform dispatchers of court decisions involving detention of prisoners.
- Escort prisoners to and from court and act as a court bailiff when needed.
- Perform related work as required.
- Shall complete all reports required and turn them in a timely manner.
- Shall serve legal papers whenever possible, i.e. subpoenas, warrants, civils, restraining orders, court orders, summons, eviction notices, and/or writs of execution. These papers will be routed to the officers for service in their assigned areas.
- Shall provide information to the public when requested.
- Shall notify officers of upcoming trials that they need to attend, also notify them of any tribal events they need to be aware of.
- Maintain all logs pertaining to prisoners’ care and security.
- Notify the officers and/or the public of any hazardous conditions.
- Operate the video/camcorder equipment and the intoxilyzer 5000 for the officers in any DUI arrest.
- Shall assist in investigating any suspected illegal activity in the cellblock area.
- Shall perform other duties as assigned.
- To review the full position description, you can request a copy from the Personnel Department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Completion of High School with diploma or posses a valid GED.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- No felony convictions ever.
- No misdemeanor convictions in the past year except minor traffic.
- Must possess a valid Montana Driver’s License.
- Must meet minimum department medical standards.
- Must never have had a misdemeanor conviction involving child abuse, a sex offense, and assault with a weapon or violent crime against a person or domestic abuse.
- Must not have any record of habitual use of alcohol within the past five years.
- Must not have any record or history of drug abuse within the past five years.
- Must not be the subject of a current investigation involving criminal activities including indictments.
- Must not have three or more moving traffic violations within the past two years.
- Must not have a driving under the influence of drug and/or alcohol or reckless driving convictions within the past three years.
- Must not have been dismissed or resigned from Law Enforcement work due to threat of disciplinary action that could result in termination of employment during the past three years.
- Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
- Copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Copy of Montana State driver’s license.
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1040.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact: Louis Fiddler, Captain @ 406.675.2700, ext. 1107.