CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 226-2562
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Receptionist/Records Clerk
LOCATION: Early Childhood Services – St. Ignatius
SALARY: $15.57 - $17.89 per hour plus benefits, may be employed under contract
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, December 7, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. (MST)
This position serves as Receptionist/Records Clerk for the Early Childhood Services Director and the Administrative Staff greeting visitors and parents, answering phone, serving as a support for general office tasks such as typing, filing, copying materials, distributing mail, and handling child registration functions. Will be responsible for determining the eligibility functions for the child head start, early head start program.
FACTOR 1 – GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets persons entering the office, determines nature and purpose of visit, and directs visitor to specific destination, or answers questions and provides information. Acts as a host for all parents and other visitors, interacting with the public in a tactful, sensitive, professional manner.
- Is able to relate program specifics, such as basic enrollment information, ECS services, schedules, daily routine, to potential Head Start families.
- Maintains daily attendance log-in/sign-in sheet and updated list of center and administrative staff phone numbers.
- Answers telephone handling routine inquiries and directing more complex matters to appropriate staff members. Collects and distributes messages for ECS office employees. Makes contacts with staff, parents, and agencies as requested.
- Serves as support to ECS Administrative Staff for general office tasks such as typing, faxing, scanning, filing, or copying materials. Maintains work log of appropriate tasks requested by Administrative Staff.
- Keeps informed of meetings, activities, and other ECS events and communicates this information to ECS staff and families.
- Keeps updated calendar showing usage of the ECS meeting rooms. May be asked to schedule/reserve conference rooms for meetings/training purposes.
- Signs for Fed Ex/UPS packages. Is responsible for date stamping, sorting, and distributing mail.
- Maintains an attractive reception area by caring for reception area plants, straightening magazines and newspapers, and updating bulletin board and pamphlet display. Keeps file room neat and orderly.
- Records Clerk:
- Establishes and organizes filing and record-keeping system if needed. Files and maintains records. Locates and retrieves files, documents, records, and reports upon request from authorized persons.
- Oversees storage and data entry of information into ECS child files. Ensures files are secure and only authorized staff have access. Retrieves and releases information in response to appropriate requests or when needed for inclusion in correspondence and reports. Ensures that file room is secure at all times and locked at the end of each day.
- Sets up office and center child files and checks for accuracy, signatures, and completeness as needed.
- Posts data into the Early Childhood Services computer data base before filing forms in child’s office file. Ensures files match what is logged on computer.
- Prepares child registration packets. Receives registration packets from center teachers and checks them for completeness. Makes spreadsheet of all missing or incomplete registration forms.
- Assists ERSEA/Child Care Coordinator in performance of the 1st and 2nd child file reviews.
- Will intake application and review for accuracy. Will be responsible for the initial income verification calculations. Will determine eligibility and refer the ERSEA/Childcare Coordinator for final acceptances.
- Assists visitors in filling out ECS Family or Childcare Application and other Head Start forms when the ERSEA/Child Care Coordinator is not available. Verifies income information and completeness of these applications. Makes calls for additional information as needed to complete an application. Inputs family data into the ECS Data Base using information from the applications.
- Maintains Application Request Log for current year and each year thereafter.
- Maintains an ample supply of current ECS Family and Childcare Application forms and registration packets for new and returning students. Updates the application forms as directed by the ERSEA/Child Care Coordinator.
- Prepares office and center child files for storage after three years.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of office computer experience using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel OR the equivalent of one (1) year of formal computer training.
- At least one (1) year of experience as an office receptionist and in file management.
- Possess and maintain a current Montana Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribes’ fleet policy.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Request position description for a detailed description of job duties and desirable qualifications.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Copy of academic transcripts, certifications, licensures
- Completed Supplemental Questionnaire (contact Personnel Office)
- Copy of valid driver’s license.
- If claiming Tribal Preference, Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if not from CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted.
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1040, or email@example.com
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Carrie Antoine at ECS (406) 675-2700 Ext. #5506