CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 226-2562
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Transportation Specialist – 1 or more positions
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department – St. Ignatius
SALARY: $15.56 to $17.89 per hour, plus benefits
May be employed under contract
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, December 7, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. MST
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test. The successful applicant will be required to serve a mandatory six-month probationary period.
- Completes a comprehensive written pre-trip inspection of the vehicle daily, reporting any conditions of concern to the Patient Travel Manager before transporting any recipients.
- Ensures that the cell phone is charged and in proper working order before each trip.
- Ensures that the vehicle always has sufficient fuel.
- Ensures that the vehicle is thoroughly cleaned and free of debris inside and out daily.
- Routinely inventories vehicle emergency and first aid supplies and equipment; reports needs to Patient Travel Manager.
- Ensures that any necessary transportation devices and aides are secured in place for transporting special needs recipients.
- In consultation with the Patient Travel Manager, develops and follows efficient and safe routes to insure a timely transport to and from medical appointments and/or Tribal Health sponsored events.
- Ensures the safety and well-being of all Tribal Health recipients being transported to and from medical appointments or Tribal Health sponsored events.
- Operates vehicle in such a way that road and safety regulations are always followed. Reports any traffic violations to the Patient Travel Manager and Allied Health Services Division Director immediately.
- Ensures safe loading and unloading procedures are use with all recipients.
- Ensures all recipients are in age appropriate safety restraints at all times during transport.
- Ensures all recipients for transport have been assigned by the Patient Travel Manager.
- Ensures all recipients are pick up and dropped off at their residence or where designate.
- Ensures transportation schedule is adequately kept in a punctual and timely manner for safe
transport; making NO ADDITIONAL “side visits” (bank, post office, store, own personal business, etc.) unless approved by the Patient Travel Manager.
- Transportation Specialist will not transport minors unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with signatory authority to obtain medical care.
- Transportation Specialist will refuse transportation to any person who is under the influence of any intoxicated substance to ensure the safety of all receipts.
- Establishes and maintain clear and professional communication with recipients, medical facility staff, and coworkers to improve quality of service and customer satisfaction.
- In the event of an accident, ensures that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written accident report as required.
- The incumbent is a mandatory reporter or observed or suspected child abuse and neglect. Must properly report and document any incidents.
- Will travel throughout the reservation and to state and out-of-state locations for recipient’s medical appointments and for training and meeting purposes.
- Participates in mandated meetings and seeks ongoing education to improve knowledge and skills for transporting and caring for recipients.
- Will transport medical equipment, supplies from manufactures or Tribal Health facilities to aid in client care.
- Work schedule is not always reflective of a typical 8hr day and will require medical transport on major and designed holidays in order to maintain recipient treatment schedules
- Duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must be 18 years or older with a High School diploma/GED
- Possess a current and valid Montana driver’s license and be insurable under the Tribes fleet policy.
- Current physical exam or ability to obtain physical exam upon hire
- Current on required immunizations or ability to become current upon hire.
- Verified of recent TB screening or ability to complete the required screening
- Certification in CPR/First Aid
- Certification in Defensive and Distracted Driving course; or obtain one within 6 months of hire
- Certification in Passenger Service and Safety; or obtain one within 6 months of hire
- This position is subject to a background check in accordance with Public Law 101-630.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Copies of relevant academic transcripts, training certificates, and licensure.
- Copy of a current valid driver’s license.
- Proof of enrollment in a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1040 or email@example.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Char Neal at 406-675-2700 ext. 5006